Aloe Berry Nectar, marketed and manufactured by Forever Living Products, contains aloe vera gel, apples — including the pectin — and cranberries. Lightly sweetened with fructose, each 8-oz serving has 120 calories, 60mg of sodium and 30g of carbohydrates. Aloe Berry Nectar can be drank alone or with meals and contains 100 percent juice. Aloe Berry Nectar Benefits Cranberry & Apple contains all of the goodness found in our Forever Aloe Vera Gel, plus the added benefits of cranberry and apple. Besides their reputation as a cleanser for the urinary tract, cranberries provide a high content of vitamin C. They are also a natural source of healthful proanthocyanidins. Apple juice contains many flavonoids as well as pectin for added benefits and flavor. Aloe Berry Nectar BenefitsAn apple a day keeps the doctor away” is an old Welsh proverb that most of us are familiar with, but what makes this fruit so special? What health benefits are associated with eating apples? As one of the most cultivated and consumed fruits in the world, apples are continuously being praised as a “miracle food”. Apples are full of healthy antioxidants. Antioxidants known as disease-fighting compounds. Containing good source of vitamins A, B1, B2, B6, C, E, K, in addition apple is good source of potassium, phosphorus, calcium, manganese, magnesium, iron and zinc, also contains fiber call pectin. Aloe Berry Nectar Benefits
- All the benefits of Forever Aloe Vera Gel with the sweet taste of cranberries
- Contains healthful phytonutrients
- Natural source of Vitamin C
What are the benefits of apple?
Apples are Good for Your HeartApples have been linked to a lower risk of heart disease (5Trusted Source). One reason may be that apples contain soluble fiber — the kind that can help lower your blood cholesterol levels. They also contain polyphenols, which have antioxidant effects. Many of these are concentrated in the peel. One of these polyphenols is the flavonoid epicatechin, which may lower blood pressure. An analysis of studies found that high intakes of flavonoids were linked to a 20% lower risk of stroke (6Trusted Source). Flavonoids can help prevent heart disease by lowering blood pressure, reducing “bad” LDL oxidation, and acting as antioxidants (7Trusted Source).
Reducing your risk of strokeA study involving 9,208 men and women showed that those who ate the most apples over a 28-year period had the lowest risk for stroke. Aloe Berry Nectar Benefits The researchers concluded that the intake of apples is related to a decreased risk of thrombotic stroke.
Lowering levels of bad cholesterolA group of researchers at The Florida State University stated that apples are a “miracle fruit”. They found that older women who ate apples everyday had 23% less bad cholesterol (LDL) and 4% more good cholesterol (HDL) after just six months.
Reducing your risk of diabetesApples could also help lower your risk of diabetes. A study involving 187,382 people found that people who ate three servings per week of apples, grapes, raisins, blueberries or pears had a 7% lower risk of developing type 2 diabetes compared to those who did not.
What is the Benefits of Cranberry?This rich antioxidant fruit is a good mineral content, includes magnesium, phosphorous, potassium and calcium, also contain dietary fiber and various phytonutrients. Fiber promotes healthy digestive activities. The fiber gives bulk to stool and facilitates quicker elimination from gut. This helps to prevent constipation. Cranberries are a favorite part of Thanksgiving celebrations, consumed as cranberry sauce, cranberry drinks, and dried cranberries added to stuffing, casseroles or dessert. Cranberries are native to North America. They are farmed on approximately 40,000 acres across the northern United States and Canada. Cranberries are a healthful food, due to their high nutrient and antioxidant content. They are often referred to as a “super food.” Half a cup of cranberries contains only 25 calories. The nutrients in cranberries have been linked to a lower risk of urinary tract infections, prevention of certain types of cancer, improved immune function, and decreased blood pressure.
Fast facts on cranberries:Here are some key points about cranberries. More detail is in the main article.
- Cranberries are a popular and healthful food, associated with Thanksgiving.
- They are low in calories and high in vitamin C, vitamin A, and vitamin K.
- They also contain proanthocyanidins (PACs), an antioxidant that may help prevent a range of diseases.
- Since they are a good source of vitamin K, people who use blood thinners should ask their doctor before consuming extra cranberries.
1) Urinary tract infectionsThe cranberry is perhaps best known for its role in preventing urinary tract infections (UTIs), especially for those with recurrent infections. The high level of antioxidant proanthocyanidins (PACs) in cranberries helps to stop certain bacteria from adhering to the urinary tract walls. In this way, the PACs in cranberries help prevent infection. However, researchers at the Texas A&M Health Science Center College of Medicine in Houston found that while cranberry capsules can do this, cranberry juice is unlikely to have the same effect. This is because it takes an very high concentration of cranberry to prevent bacterial adhesion. The juices we drink do not contain such high amounts of PACs. Aloe Berry Nectar Benefits “Cranberry juice, especially the juice concentrates you find at the grocery store, will help treat a UTI or bladder infection. It can offer more hydration and possibly wash bacteria from your body more effectively, but the active ingredient in cranberry is long gone by the time it reaches your bladder.” Dr. Timothy Boone, PhD, vice dean of the Texas A&M Health Science Center College of Medicine in Houston
2) Cardiovascular DiseaseSome evidence suggests that the polyphenols in cranberries may reduce the risk of cardiovascular disease (CVD). It does this by preventing platelet build-up and reducing blood pressure, through anti-inflammatory mechanisms. Aloe Berry Nectar Benefits
3) CancerResearch has shown that the nutrients in cranberries help slow tumor progression, and that they can have a positive impact on prostate, liver, breast, ovarian, and colon cancers.
4) DentalThe proanthocyanidins in cranberries also benefit oral health. They do this by preventing bacteria from binding to teeth, according to researchers at the Center for Oral Biology and Eastman Department of Dentistry at the University of Rochester Medical Center. Cranberries may also be beneficial in preventing gum disease. Aloe Berry Nectar Benefits
NutritionOne half cup or 55 grams of chopped cranberries contains: Cranberries contain nutrients that may help control a UTI, but the amounts in cranberry juice are probably not enough to make a difference.
- 25 calories
- 0.25 grams (g) of protein
- 0.07 g of fat
- 6.6 g of carbohydrate, including 2.35 g of sugar
- 2 g of fiber
- 5 milligrams (mg) of calcium
- 0.12 mg of iron
- 3.5 mg of magnesium
- 6 mg of phosphorus
- 44 mg of potassium
- 1 mg of sodium
- 0.05 mg of zinc
- 7.7 mg of vitamin C
- 0.5 micrograms (mcg) of folate DFE
- 35 IU of Vitamin A
- 0.72 mg of vitamin E
- 2.75 mcg of vitamin K